M1 Tips -- Importing Lighting Data in ElkRP
ElkRP can import lighting data from select partner's exported data files. This currently includes Universal Devices ISY export for an Insteon network, UpStart export for a UPB network, and a C-Bus Toolkit XML project file. The process of creating the export/project file varies. Please reference the partner's help or support documentation for more information.
Once the export/project file is created, importing the lighting data into ElkRP is quick and easy! Simply follow the steps below:
1. Open ElkRP and open the account for the particular M1/EZ8 control you are working with.
2. Double click on Automation in the Folder Items list on the left side of the screen. Then RIGHT-click on Lighting. Choose "Import Lighting Data..."
3. Select the appropriate export file format. Then click Browse. Navigate to the location on your computer where the export file is located. Select the file then choose Open.
4. Select the desired option in the "Handling of existing data" section. This determines whether existing data will be cleared before the import or if only data matching addresses in the export file will be changed.
5. If you are importing data from Universal Devices ISY or C-Bus Tookit, it is recommended to select "Set (enable) the "Opt" flag for all devices imported". This option is not recommended if you are importing data from UpStart.
6. Select the desired option for the "Handling of the "Show" Flag" and "Handling of Voice Descriptions" sections, then click Import.
7. The lighting data will be imported into ElkRP. Once the data is imported, Click Send To Control to send the lighting data to the M1/EZ8 control.
NOTE: This feature requires ElkRP version 1.6.24 or later