M1 Support Forum M1XEP update issues Reply To: M1XEP update issues

Mike Morris

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!  Attempting to download the firmware from the M1XEP Setup page, I receive:

“The selected M1XEP’s firmware is operating correctly and does not need to be programmed. Only M1XEP’s that are running in “Bootloader” mode can be programmed from here.”

If I try Send/Rcv -> Enroll/Update Control and Devices…,  select the M1XEP and click Update, and select Bootware Update, it appears to work, with progress bar going to 100%. It then says the firmware must be upgraded and clicking Continue, it gets to 22% and then displays the following:

The details show:

Error Number: 57
    Description: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Executable: M1G.dll
    Module: PgmFlash
    Function: FTPPut

ElkRP2 Version: 2.0.40
    M1G.dll Version: 5.0.40
    M1.dll Version: 5.0.40
    EZ8.dll Version: 5.0.40
    ElkComm.dll Version: 2, 0, 2, 2
    ConvertDB.dll Version: 1.4.12
    ElkSafe.dll Version: 1.1.10
    ErrorDlg.dll Version: 1.2.12

Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

The progress bar continues to 100% but I suspect it does not reflect actual data transmission.  After rebooting the M1XEP, I’m able to reconnect, however the bootloader version is still 0.0.0. and firmware: 1.3.28.  I suspect nothing is able to be written to the Digi module for whatever reason.   At this point, can the flash be externally reloaded (such as with a Digi jtag debugger)?

Thanks again for your help!

Scroll to Top