M1 Support Forum Force Armable exit sets off alarm if opened during exit delay? Reply To: Force Armable exit sets off alarm if opened during exit delay?

Ira Broussard

Sorry to bring up an old post, but during some bench testing of the same scenario as the OP, I came across the same issue. On page 32 of the M1 Installation & Programming Guide, it says…

CAUTION! Force arm operates in a unique way on entry/exit zones! – Entry/Exit zones that are also force armable can be violated during the exit delay and still become force armed. This allows a user to arm, open a garage door, back out, and then shut the door at their leisure, without creating a false alarm and without a long exit delay time. As soon as the garage door is closed, it will automatically return to service.

The above was what I hoped would happen if the garage door was opened during the exit delay, i.e., I get distracted after opening the door and don’t back out of the garage and close the door before exit delay ends. Like the OP, my garage door is defined as Entry/Exit 2 and force armable.

Am I misinterpreting the doc?

Thanks,

Ira

Scroll to Top