M1 Support Forum Elk & System Sensor COSMOD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Will resetting SAUX to clear System Sensor COSMOD smoke alarm cause a CO alarm? Is there a way to prevent the CO alarm on reset?

Brian

I have several COSMO-4W (4 wire) combination smoke & CO detectors connected to my M1 via a COSMOD4W interface module.  When I issue a smoke reset, I don’t get a CO alarm.  However, I do get warnings for both the fire and CO zones as these zones are defined as supervised with 2200 Ohm EOL resistors and interrupting the power to the COSMOD4W interface module causes the smoke and CO zones to show as open (i.e., 13.8V) until power is restored.  Once power is restored, those warnings clear automatically after a few seconds.

If you are getting a true CO alarm on a smoke reset, it sounds like you’ve got your CO zone type defined as “Normally Closed”.  When you do a smoke reset, the M1 interprets the open CO zone as violated.  Assuming you’ve got 2200 Ohm EOL resistors on the CO zone, try defining the CO zone as Type 0 (i.e., EOL Hardwire).

David Lim

What are the steps to reset cosmos on a touchscreen? how do you get to the ELK button?

Brian

I configured rules to perform a RESET SMOKE POWER when I acknowledge a fire alarm by entering a valid arm/disarm code on the keypad.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top