M1 Support Forum Fire Trouble

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    M1 Installer

Fire trouble will not clear….what is method of clearing??

M1 Installer

4 wire smoke on zone 1 SAUX Power attached EOL Resisotor across zone on last smoke Smoke test alarm, goes off as intended Acknowledge alarm clears ELK menu option 2 reset smokes hit FIRE TROUBLE remains on keypad screen

ELK Tech Support

If the Smoke is Latched you will need to perform the Smoke Power Reset —- Press the ELK key, press the 2 key, screen should display 2-Reset Smoke Detectors >, Press the Right Arrow Key which will drop power from +SAUX and Zone 16 for 5 seconds. After the Smoke Power Reset is complete look in ElkRP under the Status Screen to see the Voltage on Zone 1. The Voltage should be ~7.5V. Check your programming for Zone 1 to make sure Wiring Type = 5 Fire 4-Wire Smoke. Enter your code a second time to acknowledge the Fire Trouble condition.

M1 Installer

Thanks You…..I was doing exactly what you suggested but would not clear. Found that my issue was that I had both 2 wired and 4 wired active on the main controller. 2 wired was still on 16 with jumper J1 in the smoke position for that zone. I had added 4 wire smokes on zones one, two etc…..power from SAUX but forgot to remove the zone 16 2 wire smoke and set the jumper J1 to normal. Once i did that the issue cleared. Maybe there should be a warning in the manual saying that having both two and four wired smokes on the same controller (zone 16 J1 in smoke and adding a four wire to another zone) are not compatible.

ELK Tech Support

It is possible to have Both Compatible 2-Wire Smoke connected to Zone 16 and 4-Wire Smokes connected to another Zone. Please make sure the 2-Wire Smokes are listed on page 6 of the M1 Installation Manual and you’re using the 820 Ohm EOL Resistor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top