M1 Support Forum Honeywell 4 loop keyfobs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    M1 Installer

Trying to enroll several honeywell remotes with 4 buttons using ElkRP. I can enter their serial numbers and the loops, but do not have an option available for loop #4. They are supported transmitters according to the manual. Questions: 1\. How do I create something for loop #4 2\. is it correct I’m using 27=away as definition instead of 15=keyfob?

ELK Tech Support

What is the part number of the Honeywell Fob?

M1 Installer

Both 5878 (6 loops, 1-4 and +1:1-2) and 5834

ELK Tech Support

For the Honeywell 5834-4: 2 Zones are required. 1ST Zone * Definition 15 = keyfob * Type 0=EOL/RF * HW ID number off sensor — for example 0522577 * Loop = 2 2nd Zone * Definition 15= keyfob * Type 0=EOL/RF * HW ID Must increment by one \— for example 052257 **8** * **OPT 1 enabled** * Loop = 2 Buttons related M1 Programming (ElkRP; Wireless Setup; Keyfob Events): Button #1 = Lock symbol Button #2 = Unlock symbol Button #3 = Lower Left or Man inside House Button #4 = Lower Right or * Button #5 = Left Side two buttons; Lock & Man inside House Button #6 = Bottom row; Man inside House & * Button #7 = Right Side two buttons; Unlock & * Button #8 = Top Row; Lock & Unlock.

M1 Installer

So I seem to be running into a challenge combining multiple keypads. 5878 (6-button) – just using the first 4 loops: 1. L1: Disarm (keypad labelled 2) 2. L2: Stay (keypad labelled STAY) 3. L3: Away (keypad labelled AWAY) 4. L4: Disarm (keypad labelled 1) 5804 (4-button) loopnumbers: 1. blank 2. OFF 3. AWAY 4. STAY Since it does not appear I can actually program each keyfob independently, I’m now stuck that I can either have the 5878 work based on the 1-4 button events, or the 5804. Any thoughts on how I make these two work together, or should I get rid of the 5878? Ideally – I really wish the elk would honour the loop programming for keyfobs – i.e. I use 4 wireless zones for 4 keyfob buttons.

ELK Tech Support

In ElkRP under Wireless Setup, Keyfob Events is Globals to all Wireless Keyfobs. However; it is possible to have the M1 distinguish between wireless keyfobs so that a button on one FOB will perform a different task than the button on another FOB. Please take a look at the following steps: * In ElkRP under Users Create a New User—- For example User 10 and User 11 * User Code will be 0000, Assign a Name, Area 1 Checked, All User Authorizations will be Un-Checked * NOTE— Because the User Code is 0000 which is not a valid User Code these Users will show as a “Conflict” when ElkRP Connects. * In ElkRP under Wireless Setup, Transmitters — click on the Zone assigned to the Wireless Fob and set the Keyfob User ID to Match the User Code. For example if one FOB is assigned to Zone 17 set the Keyfob User ID to 10 and the other FOB assigned to Zone 18 set the Keyfob User ID to 11. * Create your Rules based upon the RF Button Pressed and condition with AND LAST USER WAS… For example: Whenever RF Button 4 Is Activated And Last User Was **USER 10** Then Turn Output 17 ON for 1 Second Whenever RF Button 4 is Activated AND Last User Was **USER 11** Then Turn Output 18 ON For 1 Second.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top