M1 Support Forum Keyfobs – configure them differently to each other?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Crump

Hi All,

I have a number of Honeywell  5834-4 keyfobs, which work great.  All assigned to their own user, and common functions on all buttons, including one for arm and one for disarm.

I am trying to use a wall mounted version (Honeywell 5878) to put in my garage on the wall to open garage door and front gate.  This sets up on the M1  as a keyfob – effectively functionally identical to the 5834-4 keyfobs as far as I can tell.

Clearly I don’t want the arm and disarm functions operating on a keypad attached to the garage wall, but I am struggling to work out how to set it up differently.

I have tried disabling the global arm and disarm functions, and then using rules with the button and “AND LAST USER WAS….” to selectively limit arming and disarming to the remotes for which I want that function.

This all worked, but there is a strange issue which I can’t resolve.

Used in this way, the M1 force bypasses any zones not secure, even if they are set to being not able to be force bypassed.   I gather this relates to the fact that the keyfobs operating arming and disarming this way have some different level of security, as the log shows the arming / disarming by “No code”, rather than specifying a user as they did previously.

I have gone back to enabling the global arming and disarming buttons, and that stops any force bypassing, but it means I can’t use the wall mounted garage keypad as the equivalent buttons on it can arm and disarm just with the button being pressed – not a secure thing to leave on the wall!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

David Crump

Ah, that is what I am trying to do, and my first post describes the issue encountered when I do so.

David Crump

Sorry, replied to my own subject line…..

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top