M1 Support Forum M1 Gold Custom sounds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    M1 Installer

I am currently using an M1 Gold with ELK RP account access and I am looking to play a custom sound/WAV file over the voice control when a zone is activated. Is there a way to do this?

ELK Tech Support

Refer to page 19 of the M1 Installation Manual for steps to create a “Custom Recording” which uses a house telephone as a microphone to create an open air recording. Another option might be to use the ELK 120 Recordable Voice Driver in conjunction with the ELK 129 Sound Card Interface to load a Wave File into the ELK 120 and then use a voltage output from the M1 to trigger the ELK 120 to play the message.

ANDREW TAYLOR

So I was hoping for a little more help here in the forums.  Yes manual walks through recording them… How do I get them to play?  I don’t see VM01 – VM10 anywhere in the voice menu or in the word vocabulary.

Brad Weeks

For the Voice Description scroll down to the bottom and look for “Custom 01 – Custom 10” which will be your Custom Recordings

Nate Waddoups

Can the Elk Remote Programming software load custom sound files into the M1 Gold?

If so, where should I look?

I have plenty of tools for recording .wav files.

Thanks!

Brad Weeks

No unfortunatley it is not possbile to use ElkRP2 to load a custom Wave File directly into the M1 System. The only way to create a Custom Recording is to use a House Phone as a microphone and follow the instructions on page 19 of the M1 Installation Manual.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top