I bought a replacement for an Insteon light switch and installed it on my ISY 994i network, which is controlling about 20 devices. All of those devices have been sent to the M1 and have been controlled by the M1 to go for years. I installed it about a month ago and found that it was controlled by the ISY program and also was controlled by M1 to go and working. My Insteon PLM had a glitch a few days ago and had to be reset. All of the devices including the new switch relinked successfully to the ISY program and are controlled but only the new switch is no longer controlled by the M1 to go. I have sent and resent the device info to the system and exported to the M1 control but this device can only be controlled by the ISY program. RP2 reports no conflicts. The new switch no longer responds to the automation rule that controls it either.
After carefully going through the steps to export the new device (Insteon switch) configuration to RP and importing and synching without success, including manually editing the export file which kept putting the device in the old position, A02, while RP kept it in A04, I manually changed the RP listing back to A02. Everything now works and is controlled by M1 to go again. Fixed but I don’t understand why I had to do that. The export/import procedure should have done it automatically.