M1 Support Forum M1XEP — Orange Power LED Indicator Flashing (with known good power supply)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BRIAN DICKSON

To whom it may concern,

Could someone please advise why an ELK M1XEP’s orange power LED might be flashing (even with a known good power supply)?

I ask this because the ELK M1XEP no longer has its LED Network Link lit (also, with a known good Ethernet Switch Port) and due to these conditions, is no longer serviceable / can no longer be reached via ElkRP or via I.P. address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Brad Weeks

If the D6 LED on the M1XEP (located between the RS232 serial port and the plug-in power connector) is blinking OFF then the M1XEP is rebooting.

BRIAN DICKSON

Brad,

Thank you very much for your advisement.

It is indeed the D6 LED that I’ve observed to be flashing on and off.

Further Details:

When a known good power supply is connected to the M1XEP, the D6 LED,  turns on (illuminates) solidly for approximately six seconds.

Thereafter, after the initial six second period, then the D6 LED flashes on and off non-stop alternating from flashing on and off continuously at approximately one half a second intervals at each state.

Correspondingly, the ELK M1XEP no longer has an LED Network Link lit (also, with a known good Ethernet Switch Port)  and due to these conditions, appear to no longer be reached via ElkRP or via I.P. address (with no ability to “Ping” either).

ElkRP (via EIA/RS-232)  still works; however, it now requires a direct PC connection as the ELK M1XEP is no longer reachable .

Based on your advisement, it appears that the ELK M1XEP may be stuck in a Boot Loop.

Do you have any suggested steps that I could attempt to potentially correct this issue?

Many thanks for your previous advisement and any additionally potential advice that you may present further.

Sincerely,

Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top