M1 Support Forum Multiple M1XRFTWM’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ira Broussard

I am designing an M1 system for my house under construction. All window and door sensors will be 6000 series sensors. Even though one M1XRFTWM supports enough wireless sensors for the house, I’m considering using two of them to make sure the coverage is adequate. The house and attached garage is roughly 140′ wide by 50′ deep. The current plan is to put the M1XRFTWM’s in the attic, each about 25′ from the center of the house, so 50′ apart and each about 45′ from the outside edge of the house.

The installation manual says “Special attention must be made to minimize excessive coverage overlap.” However, it doesn’t give any advice on what is considered “excessive coverage overlay”. Is 50′ apart likely to be too close? I can have them up to about 90′ apart if necessary.

Thanks,

Ira

Brad Weeks

The M1 Bus Devices should be installed in an environment with temperature of 32 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit  — I would not recommend installing the boards in the attic. As far as the distance keeping the M1XRFTWM’s about 50 feet apart should be fine.

Ira Broussard

Is the recommendation against installing in the attic due to the temperature? In my case, the attic is part of the conditioned building envelope, so the temperature should always be within five degrees of the house temperature, i.e., between low 70’s and low 80’s. Humidity in the attic should also be close to the humidity in the house.

Putting them 50′ apart should be very easy. That means that all wireless devices should be no more than about 40′ from a M1XRFTWM.

Thanks,

Ira

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top