M1 Support Forum Time of day is later/earlier then – crossing midnight question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    M1 Installer

Our system has been controlling our heating zones using temperature sensors with rules to decide when our zone valves should turn on or off. The temperature sensors are compared to “Custom Settings” that set the desired temperature. This has been working fine, but I now want to have different temperatures for after-hours. I added additional “Custom Settings” for the after 6 PM and before 6 AM temperatures. It makes sense that I can set rules that check for the current time being after 6AM and before 6PM for daytime. My question is if I use after 6PM and before 6AM in a rule, will that work or would that be mutually exclusive?

For example, will this work or do I have to handle it some other way? WHENEVER EVERY 300 SECONDS AND TIME OF DAY IS LATER THAN 6:00 PM AND TIME OF DAY IS EARLIER THAN 6:00 AM AND {check temperature} THEN {control zone}

M1 Installer

Sorry to be replying to my own question, but doing more research I found an answer and assume it is correct. It appears that doing the following is probably mutually exclusive and will never match… AND TIME OF DAY IS LATER THAN 6:00 PM AND TIME OF DAY IS EARLIER THAN 6:00 AM I did as another post suggested, break this into two rules where one has LATER THAN 6:00 PM and the other has EARLER THAN 6:00 AM. I’m hoping that will work and should find out after work this evening.

ELK Tech Support

For this scenario you will need to separate rules: Whenever Every 300 Seconds And the Time is Later Than 6:00 PM (check for 6:00 PM to Midnight) Then …. Whenever Every 300 Seconds And the Time is Earlier Than 6:00 AM (checks for Midnight to 6:00 AM) Then ….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top