› M1 Support Forum › Thermostats not enabled on keypad › Reply To: Thermostats not enabled on keypad
June 21, 2022 at 9:04 am #6190
The Baud Rate should be 9600 and you will need a Null Modem cable from the M1XSP Serial Port to your PC.
Please verify your current setup — For the AprilAire Thermostats you will need the 8800 Thermostat(s) and the AprilAire 8811 Protocol Adapter. The M1XSP will need to be configured:
- M1XSP set to address #1 and enrolled. In ElkRP2 under the Send/Rcv Icon verify under Serial Port Expanders (Type 5) the M1XSP is set to Address #1 and the Firmware is 1.0.50.
- M1XSP Firmware Factory Default 1.0.50
- Jumpers S1 – S3 Baud do not matter and all can be in the down (0) position — or set it to 9600 (1, 0, 1)
- Jumpers S5 – S8 — S5 UP (1), S6 down (0), S7 UP (1), S8 down (0)
- JP3 Jumper set to RS232 (Left and Center pins)
- Connect the Serial Cable included with the AprilAire 8811 Protocol Adapter from the M1XSP Serial Port to jack “C” on the AprilAire 8811 Protocol Adapter.
- The address for each 8800 Thermostat will need to be set 1-7 per the AprilAire Instructions