M1 Support Forum 6023 Issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Galu

Recently installed some 6023 door sensors, programing and installing was easy enough. I have one sensor that will not consistently show status and ironically its the closest to the transceiver with the least amount of obstructions ie no brick, metal appliances ect just one wall of wood studs and sheetrock.  Before installing it I tested at the door frame prior to drilling holes and worked but when I put it in the door it will show violated when I open the door and stay that way after door is closed. Even tried turning the sensor 90 deg just to see if that might help but same issue. Put in a second unit same problem so it’s not a failed sensor. The door and frame are wood, no metal and the gap is .25″. The transceiver is about 30′ away and mounted at 8′ All other sensors and key phobs work fine. Not sure what else to check. Is there any diagnostic routines to run? I find it odd given the parameters above it works fine at the door header but put it in the door it will send one signal but not the other.

Thanks

Jerry

Brad Weeks

If you remove the 6023 from the frame does it work then?

Jerry Galu

Hi Brad yes as per the instructions I tested each door at the frame prior to drilling the holes and it worked fine.

Brad Weeks

Remove the cover for the 6023 and use a small devices to hold the tamper switch closed then use the magnetic from the other sensor to trip the zone? When you move the magnetic away from the sensor the LED on the circuit board should flash Green. If it flashes Red the signal is not being received . If this is case then there is some sort of interference in that area preventing the wireless signal from getting through .

Jerry Galu

Took a bit to get back to this device but I followed your instructions and when the magnet is on the sensor while in the frame the LED flashes green. No red is seen

Brad Weeks

In the case the signal is getting to the M1XRFTWM. Is the door metal?

Jerry Galu

Hi Brad, no its a full wood door and frame. I checked at you requested and it gives a green blink no red. What I am finding now is its giving me a Trouble when its secure and a trouble forced when I open the door. I have two of these switches and seems to be the same so that sounds like a programing issue. I attached a screen shot for reference. The Bedroom Door was open and the Front Door was closed so not sure what I am doing wrong there. This is the first time using so I am sure its something I have done but at least now the front door is reporting, not sure why but it is. The battery issue is the key phob

Thanks

Screen Shot

Brad Weeks

Is the Front cover on the 6023? Please forward the screenshot to techsupport@elkproducts.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Scroll to Top