M1 Support Forum Cannot arm M1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    brian schaer

Hello all,

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this..  Recently, the system cannot be armed STAY or AWAY with all zones normal/closed.  Keypads show “READY”.  Upon investigating in M1 log, I found a number of “AREA 8 CLOSING RING BACK” log events.  There is only one area programmed, “1”.  Firmware 5.3.10.  From ElkRP2, I can arm and disarm properly and it is announced over the speaker.  Is just from the keypads that nothing can be done.  I’ve reloaded the firmware, resent all, nothing has helped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Brian

Brad Weeks

Make sure the Keypad you are attempting to Arm from is set to Area 1. How are you attempting to arm — Pressing the Stay or Exit or by entering your Code? If using Stay/Exit under Areas you will need to make sure either Single or Double Quick Arm is checked. If entering a Code make sure “Access” is not checked as a User Authorization.

Brad Weeks

Make sure the Keypad you are attempting to Arm from is set to Area 1. How are you attempting to arm — Pressing the Stay or Exit or by entering your Code? If using Stay/Exit under Areas you will need to make sure either Single or Double Quick Arm is checked. If entering a Code make sure “Access” is not checked as a User Authorization.

brian schaer

Your fix was the issue.  Just using Stay/Exit from keypad, no code.  Neither was checked in RP.  One additional issue, have a large number of Rules & Texts in a setup and with each launch/connect of RP, the Rules & Texts are noted as conflicted.  Doesn’t matter how many times you just resend them, they just come back with the next launch of RP.  I was considering receiving from system and see if they are intact but there are so many I will need to take my time checking them one by one.

Best,

Brian

Brad Weeks

Do you have any Rules which are “Disabled”? If so this will always be a Conflict when connecting.

brian schaer

Brad nails it AGAIN!   Strange that the disabled rules caused a Texts conflict but I cleaned up the disabled items and all is clear!  Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top