M1 Support Forum Elk M1 gold telephone control not working (M1XEP died)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hugo Lyppens

I can’t get telephone control to work. It’s not a DTMF issue as I’ve tried local phone control with two different phones. The control recognizes ‘***’ and asks for the code. Then when I enter a valid code there is silence for a while until the control announces ‘hanging up’.

I’ve tried remote phone control too. It’s worse because it recognizes ‘***’ but I can’t hear the code prompt.

My control has firmware 5.3.18. My Elk M1XEP died so I am back to POTS (Verizon FIOS in my case). Alarm reporting works over the phone line (dialer test success and test alarm also worked).

Settings: Telephone control 2=local&remote

G29-42 Rings until auto answer 12

Ring/Hangup/answer on (I tested this and it works in the sense that the control picks up)’

listen in off

twoway callback:0

CS Verify Call Time in Secs:0

Two-way Speaker Volume:2

Telephone Line fault timer 10 minutes.

My security codes are 4 digits. Does phone control work with only 4 or is 6 digits required perhaps?

Please help. Thanks.

Brad Weeks

The Code you are entering is it the same you use the Arm/Disarm from the keypad?

Hugo Lyppens

Yes. Telephone control has worked for years. Has anyone tested Telephone control on current m1 gold firmware 5.3.18? I can rule out fios/voip issues because local Telephone control using a touch tone house phone also does not go past the code entry prompt.

Thanks

Brad Weeks

Yes, the remote telephone feature is part of each M1’s overall test before we ship the units.

Brad Weeks

Yes, the remote telephone feature is part of each M1’s overall test before we ship the units.

Hugo Lyppens

How can I get house phone control working? If my m1gold is able to successfully complete a dialer test to Central Station, to me it indicates it can recognize dtmf tones over my landline. From the house phone it recognizes *** to start. I hear the code prompt. A while later after entering my valid code (tried all users) I hear “hanging up”.

Brad Weeks

As a test remove the incoming phone line from TIP and RING and connect a regular plain telephone to R1 and T1 and test.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Scroll to Top