M1 Support Forum Lost Elkaccts2.mdb file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Schumann

OK, My server went down and I didn’t have a backup on another computer (yea, I know).

ELK is running fine but I cant get into it.  The lost file has the account information.

Any ideas on how I can get in and save a new copy of the file?

Thanks,

John

Brad Weeks

Have you tried using the ElkRP2 software to create a New Default Account , connecting to the system and Receiving ALL? To get started you will need the M1 Serial Number located on the bottom of the M1’s black plastic housing and hopefully you remember the RP Access Code — the factory default is 246801. In ElKRP2:

• Click File and New Account
        • Account ID is the name you assign to the system
        • System Type M1G
        • M1 Serial Number
        • RP Access Code {the one you used originally or if default 246801)
        • Select either 5.x.x for newer systems or the 4.x.x for older systems using the GE/CADDX NX Wireless Receivers
        • Click OK
        • I would suggest a direct Serial Connection to the system first
        • Click Setup, Communication, under Direct Connect select the COM Port Windows has assigned to your USB to RS232 Serial Cable
        • Click the Connection Icon, On-Site Local, PC Serial or USB Serial Convertor to Device
        • If successful Conflicts will be Found, click ON and then at the bottom click Select All and Receive Checked Items into Data Base — Make sure to RECEIVE Checked Items
        John Schumann

Thanks Brad!  Sounds like that will do the trick, will let you know.

Regards,

John

John Schumann

Dennis, I recovered it, Thanks!

Now it wants me to update FW from 5.3.10 to 5.3.18 – The notes for this look scary as it appears to wipe everything, requiring a restore.  Are the changes worth the effort?

Thanks,

John

John Schumann

Sorry, Brad, not Dennis!

Brad Weeks

Updating from 5.3.10 tp 5.3.18 should not erase the current programming in the system. If you were to update from a 4.x.x to a 5.x.x firmware then all current wireless setup would be erased from the system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top