M1 Support Forum M1EXP Rebooting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Kennette

My ELK system just today started with “ETHERNET TROUBLE” on the display.  I put a ping on my M1EXP.  It looks like the network interface comes up for about 5 seconds and then the device reboots.  I notice the orange light on the M1EXP will go out for a moment and then back on.      This was installed back in 2013 and has been trouble free since, maybe a firmware update 5 years ago.

I unplugged the serial from the M1G, still the same.  Also tried a new 12v power supply, same.

What would cause it to constantly reboot?

I was able to use the diagnostic utility to pull a few details during the seconds it is available on the network.

Any ideas?   $470 replacement cost in Canada.

IP Addr: 192.168.0.116
      Secure Port: 2601
      M1XEP serial port OK: No
      M1XEP has initialized: No
      DHCP: Yes
      Subnet: 255.255.255.0
      Gateway: 192.168.0.1
      Pri DNS: 192.168.0.1
      Sec DNS: 8.8.8.8
      Non-secure Port: 2101
      AMX Beacon: No
      Email Server: mail.gmx.com (URL)
      Email Port: 587
      Email POP before SMTP: No
      DDNS Server: (IP)
      DDNS Username:
      DDNS Hostname:
      DDNS Email To:
      DDNS Email on Change: No
      SNTP Server: 0.ca.pool.ntp.org (URL)
      SNTP Update Time: 00:00
      SNTP Time Zone: GMT-5.00
      SNTP Email on Errors: No
      Bootware Version: 2.0.2
      Application Version: 2.0.34

-Lawrence

Brad Weeks

If the D6 LED located between the power connector and the RS232 connector is blinking off and then back on (may need to watch for 60 seconds) the M1XEP is rebooting due to internal issues and needs replaced

Fernando Poca

Hi,

I´ve exactly the same issue with my M1XEP.

It’s any hardware component that is failing, but can be replaced (Digi ConnectME module?) ?

Thanks

Brad Weeks

An off the shelf Digi Connect ME module will not work with the M1XEP. ELK Products uses propriety files to program the Digi Connect ME module to work with our ELK M1XEP

Lawrence Kennette

I started looking into the new Digi module and I suspected it would not be a straight swap so I did not bother.   Is it usually this module that fails?

The replacement cost of $415 CAD is prohibitive.   I had pulled up the receipt from Aartech from 10 years ago and the whole alarm kit was only $600 and this module was included.

For now the solution I have implemented is an ESP32 to monitor the zones and provide email and SMS alerts which are the most important functions for us.  I am able to make programing changes through a local computer that we have connected with a serial cable.  The ISY-Insteon integration is broken but not really used as much anymore, just a couple automated lights that remain.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top