M1 Support Forum m1xep killed by firmware update??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steve McCormick

HI all,

For reasons irrelevant to this issue I recently updated the bootloader and firmware on an installed m1xep ethernet adapter.  After updating and rebooting I was able to access the m1 with rp.  After making some configuration changes to the xep and rebooting, rp no longer connected.  I discovered at this point that the xep ip address had changed to the default.  Changed PC ip to same subnet and reconfigured the xep ip address (static).  Now the xep won’t save the new data.  I then used the JP2 to reconfigure the xep to use dhcp.  The xep would not get a lease from my dhcp server.  Yes, the dhcp server is up and operational, some 20 devices use it daily.

At this point I go the update firmware function and try to rerun the installation.  Now that errors with “version cannot be upgraded”, “bootloader software version erased”.

Is there anyway to recover from this?  Did I just flush $300?

Any help is appreciated,

Steve

Brad Weeks

On the M1XEP Setup window click Find and after finding the M1XEP on the LAN is the “PGM Firmware” button grayed out” If not click PGM Firmware to see if you’re able to reload the firmware.

steve McCormick

Brad, Thanks for the response ,

The “pgm firmware” button is disabled.  I switched my pc over to the same subnet with the same results.

Is there anything more I can try?

Steve

Brad Weeks

Try running the Special M1XEP 2.0.34 Updater Utility https://www.elkproducts.com/elk-m1xep-and-windows-compatibility/

steve McCormick

Tried the special updater, it errored with a version incompatibility message too.

Hopefully there are other avenues??

steve McCormick

Hey brad, any other possible solutions to this issue?

steve McCormick

Brad I just tried to respond to your email but received this error:

Technical details of permanent failure:
                  554.5.7.1 The user or domain that you are sending to (or from) has a policy that
                  554.5.7.1 prohibited the mail that you sent. Please contact your domain
                  554.5.7.1 administrator for further details. For more information, please visit
                  554.5.7.1 http://support.google.com/a/answer/172179

steve McCormick

Brad,  I’ve reinstalled the card and everything appears to be operational.

Can’t thank you enough for your help.

Steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Scroll to Top