M1 Support Forum Random wireless zones triggered

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Perry Gershon

I have a system with wireless zones 17-51 active.  This morning zone 21 (which is my third floor patio door) triggered the alarm and the monitoring company contacted me.  When I went to the EK Alarm app on my iPhone to look what was happening, somehow I had 32 zone bypassed and could not access the alarm panel to make changes.  I remote logged in using ElkRP2.  Initially some error message displayed that I did not write down.  I said to ignore and I was able to open the PC application and control my panel.  It turned on and off, but 15 zones were violated and bypassed.  After about 30 minutes or trying to resolve, the bypassed/violated zones went down to 4, and after another 10 minutes to zero.  I have no idea what happened.  I have a camera and was able to look at the door that was the initial trigger and it looked closed.  And the violated zones seemed random in location through the house.  Zones 17,18,19,21,25,26,27,30,31,33,35,37,42,44,50 were all listed as violated for about 30 minutes (random doors, window and motion sensors on 4 floors, pus one smoke detector).  And then it all clears (21,30,31 and 32 were last to clear.

Any idea what might be going on?  Should I worry this will happen again?  Sensors are old GE/ITI wireless crystal units.  Using firmware version 4 or wireless.

Perry Gershon

Follow up – 24.5 hours after the first instance above, zone 21 malfunctioned again.  With the door closed, it showed on and off multiple times until I bypassed the zone.  This time the issues were limited to that one zone.  I am not sure if I have a bigger issue or an issue with zone sensor.  As I am not frequently at the home, I will swap out the zone sensor for another.  Hopefully it helps.  But still no explanation of why so many zones went haywire yesterday simultaneously.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top