› M1 Support Forum › Rules Construction for custom announcements
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated August 24, 2021 at 2:55 pm by Chris Backus.
August 24, 2021 at 2:55 pm #5464Chris Backus
We recently upgraded a home with an M1G panel that replaced an Apex Destiny solution. The owner had the prior solution for 15 years and was very familiar with how that solution operated. There is an automation system in the residence with touch panels at the doors, and no system keypads in use. The core issue is improving the Entry/Exit delay messaging via the SPEAK commands that can be used. The built-in default announcements are lacking and I would like to leverage rules to improve the information given to users but am struggling with the rules builder logic.
I prefer to have the verbose messaging apply ONLY to ARM AWAY. If the user is going to ARM STAY then, the default message is ok.
To replicate what the user is accustomed to, this is what I am trying to accomplish but do not exactly see how to achieve it just yet. If you disarm during the EXIT/ENTRY delay, we would want to terminate the other messages in the que.
For ARM TO AWAY
Exit Delay = 60 seconds
At Exit Delay START
1) System Message – “Armed to Away” (default and already working)
2) Beep…. Beep…. Beep
3) SPEAK “Exit in 45 seconds”
4) Beep…. Beep…. Beep
5) SPEAK “Exit in 30 seconds”
6) Beep…. Beep…. Beep
7) SPEAK “Exit in 15 seconds”
8) Beep…. Beep…. Beep
9) System Message – “Exit delay is about to expire” (default and already working)
10) At Exit Delay STOP – “System is Armed”
I did call into support and did not fully understand their proposed solution that leverages various OUTPUT channels.
So far, I have done the following:
EXIT DELAY START:
1) turn on output 40 as an EXIT DELAY flag
2) WHEN output 40 is ON – BEEP, wait 500ms, BEEP (does not repeat)
EXIT DELAY END:
1) turn off output 40 as an EXIT DELAY flag
2) SPEAK “System is Armed”
Using this logic, I think I can add the following:
EXIT DELAY START:
1) TIMED OUTPUT50 (name 45sec flag) that has a duration of 45 seconds
2) TIMED OUTPUT51 (name 30sec flag) that has a duration of 30 seconds
3) TIMED OUTPUT52 (name 15 sec flag) that has a duration of 15 seconds
WHEN OUTPUT(45 second flag) AND OUTPUT(exit delay flag) – SPEAK <message>
WHEN OUTPUT(30 second flag) AND OUTPUT(exit delay flag) – SPEAK <message>
WHEN OUTPUT(15 second flag) AND OUTPUT(exit delay flag) – SPEAK <message>
If this is the correct approach, do you simple do more of the same at a more granular level to build your own exit beep system? If so, this seems a bit excessive and that there would be a more traditional way to achieve this. The system keypad beeps by default and I just want to replicate that.
BONUS POINTS: for entry delay, is there a way to SPEAK the zone name? At the moment, I just have “ENTRY DETECTED” but the prior solution would speak “ENTRY DETECTED – FRONT DOOR”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.