M1 Support Forum Telephone remote giving status but not executing control

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Charles Winterble

I have a system using M1XEP working well for extensive remote control of the M1.  I want to add telephone remote control as a way to initiate a non-internet, master power reset for my router on rare occasions when it decides to disconnect itself.  The telephone control works properly in that I can log in and get status of arming , zones, temperature, etc.  If I try to execute automation control like a task, or control a light (which is how I’ll power reset the router) the system will go through all the motions right up to the “press #” but not actually execute the task or toggle the light.  Globals are set for local and remote telephone access.  I believe its unrelated but I have a Homeseer hub that communicates through the M1XEP which can initiate all the M1 control functions.  This works properly as does M1toGo.

Thanks for any ideas.

Brad Weeks

Did you create a Rule based upon the Automation Task being activated? For example:

Whenever M1XEP Reset (Automation Task 1) Is Activated

Then Turn OUTPUT xxx ON for 10 seconds

Charles Winterble

Yes I tried several things.  I put in a simple task which should turn on an output and beep the keyboard which I tried to run via phone.  Next I simply tried to change an output to ON state over the phone. And last, I tried to arm the system from the phone .    The system seems to respond properly, asking for a security code, verifying it and going through the option menu. In each case the response was the same after I entered the # as requested, the system jumped back to reciting the main menu.  In the case of the arming request the system acknowledged system armed.  However the system did not arm and in the other cases the output did not change or the keyboard beep.  If I initiate the task or output changes thru M1toGo, every one of these tests works properly.  These tests were all over a local phone connection.

Fernando Poca

Hello, i have the same issue, when the system starts speaking the automation options, it say the first one and then stops. If i pressed # then it doesn’t do anything and starts all over again with all Main Menu Options.

My HW Version is 0.13, Boot ver 3.3.6, fw ver 5.3.10

Charles Winterble

I had to revert to firmware 5.2.10.  Apparently 5.3.10 doesn’t work with telephone control

Fernando Poca

Thanks, will try that. Do you know where to get that firmware?

Charles Winterble

I contacted elk tech support and they gave me a link for the download

Fernando Poca

I contacted the support and they are releasing a new firmware soon with this issue resolved.

Charles Winterble

Thanks, I’ll look for it.

Hugo Lyppens

Does 5.3.18 work with phone control? It recognizes ***, asks for code and then hangs up without saying a further word.

Brad Weeks

Make sure in Globals G01 – G05 (Miscellaneous) Telephone Remote Control is set to 1 = Local  or 2 for Local nd Remote Control Enabled. If trying to connect Remote under Globals G29 – G42 (Special) you will need Rings until auto-answer set to a value 1-15. If you have an answering machine then one ring Greater than the Answering Machine and check Ring/Hang-up/Answer.

Is the phone service standard Plain Old Telephone service (POTs) over copper or Voice Over IP?

Hugo Lyppens

It’s Verizon Fios landline, a step up from most VOIP but not copper. Known to be compatible with alarm panels. I can also confirm that I can successfully pass a dialer test to central station over this landline. The Globals are set as described. These settings don’t matter much to local phone control from a house phone, which also has the same symptom of recognizing ***, asking for code & hanging up.

Brad Weeks

As a test remove the incoming phone line from TIP and RING and connect a regular plain telephone to R1 and T1 and test.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Scroll to Top