M1 Support Forum XEP Email Connection Error Log

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Installing a new Elk M1G (but not my first Elk install) with XEP. So far, I havent been able to get the new install to send emails. I have other devices on the same network using the same email server without issue. Is there a log that I can check to see what error the XEP may be encountering?

Michael Burrell

Jeff,

Email providers have started requiring a more secure method for third-party applications. If you are utilizing Gmail or Yahoo, this could be the case. We actively working to add notes on how to overcome email issues with other providers as we are able to. Below is a link to a tech note that we posted that will help explain this issue.

Email Security Settings – Using App Passwords for Gmail and Yahoo with the M1XEP

Jeff

Thanks, but thats not the issue in this case. This is not gmail or yahoo. I have another Elk install using the same email server without issue. Th’re is something particular about this instalo. It may be the network/firewall, but I don’t see any issues in its configuration either. But, no hints from M1G as to why its failing

Brad Weeks

Under the M1XEP Setup, TCP/IP Setting tab make sure you have a valid Primary DNS Server IP entered. You may want to try using the Default Gateway as the Primary DNS Server IP. If  running ElkPR2 version 2.0.40 connect to the M1 and then under the M1XEP Setup:

• Click Trace
            • Click Select ALL, click Show Setup, Click Resume
            • If necessary move the Trace window in order to go back to the M1XEP Setup and under the Email Tab click TEST which will send Email #1
            • Check to see if the email/text was received including checking the SPAM and JUNK folders
            • If unsuccessful under the Trace window click “”Copy to clipboard”, paste the data into and email and forward to techsupport@elkproducts.com with a brief note

Jeff

Thank you. Trace indicated a DNS issue, which is now resolved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top