M1 Ethernet Interface
The ELK-M1XEP is an Ethernet Appliance with a RS-232 Serial Port Interface. It may be used to connect a control in the M1 Family to an Ethernet network. It features email event notification and FIPS compliant encryption algorithms for security sensitive environments. It is powered by an ELK-P1216 12 Volts DC, 1.5 Amp plug-in power supply/adapter. A software setup utility is built into ElkRP for configuring the connection setup, network password, etc. The M1 Ethernet Interface is factory defaulted to obtain a dynamic IP address from a DHCP server (i.e. router, cable modem, etc.). It may optionally be setup with a static IP address.
Learn About Remote Control Apps
- Secure connection with password protection and SSL/TLS encryption
- Flash Memory for Firmware Updating
- Event notification via E-Mail (SMTP)
- Supports automatic Dynamic DNS Updates with providers using the DynDNS protocol.
- Supports Network Time Protocol for synchronizing the M1/EZ8’s clock with an Internet time server.
- Internet Monitoring and Reporting Capability
- Network stack supporting the following protocols:
-TCP,UDP,DHCP,SSL/TLS, NTP, SMTP
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 128 bit encryption
- Integrated 802.3 compliant 10/100 Mbit network interface
- RS232, DB9M 9-pin serial port connection
- Connects to the M1 RS-232 Serial port (Port 0). The baud rate for this port must be set to 115,200 (factory default)
- RJ45 8-pin Network Jack
- 2.1mm barrel type power connector (center positive)
- LED Indicators for Power, Link, and Data
- Operating Voltage: 12 Volts D.C. from Elk-P1216 Plug-in Power Supply **
- Current Draw: approx. 300 mA
- Housing Dimensions: 4.25″ x 6.375″ x 2.125″
- Circuit Board Dimensions: 2.25″ x 3.95″
- ELK-W040A Serial Ribbon Cable included
<a href=”https://elkproducts.wpengine.com/elk-m1xep-and-windows-compatibility/”>Important Information About M1XEP and Windows Compatibility</a>
Locate an ELK Authorized Distributor Near You!
For more infomation, call ELK at (800) 797-9355.