M1EZ8 Security & Automation Control System
M1EZ8 – Control Board Only
M1EZ8 offers an economical solution for installations not requiring the voice and telephone remote control capability of the M1 Gold. Unlike controls that only offer basic security capability, M1EZ8 is a powerful, rock solid security control with the most imaginative automation functionality available. Built on the same software architecture as the M1 Gold, the possibilities for expansion, networking, and option for programming and control over the internet make the M1EZ8 an exceptional value.
M1EZ8 offers the flexibility to integrate industry standard systems and components for easy upgrades and system expansion. Interfaces well with lighting controls, HVAC communicating thermostats, touch screens, etc. Optional Ethernet port controls M1EZ8 and networked systems from a PC browser, anywhere. Does not require a dedicated, “24/7” server.
- Large zone capacity: 8 on-board zones expandable to 200
- Wireless capability: Up to 144 zones
- Two-way Listen-in capability via Central Station
- Time/Date stamped 512 event history log
- Menu driven, full text keypad programming – no manual required!
- 12 On-board Outputs: 1 siren driver/voltage, 1 form “C” relay and 10 low current (10mA) outputs
- Can be partitioned into 8 separate areas and account numbers
- User Codes: 199 (4 or 6 digit) with assignable authority levels
- Arm levels: Away, Stay, Stay Instant, Nite, Nite Instant, Vacation
- Flash Memory – Allows field updates to firmware electronically
- Supports 4-wire (any zone) and 2-wire (zone 8) smoke detectors
- Includes fire alarm verification routine
- Hardware “watchdog” and nonvolatile EEPROM memory
- Telephone Line Fault with alarm output
- True V.22 bis Modem for fast, reliable upload/download
- Optional Ethernet port for reporting operation / control or programming
- Digital Communicator formats: SIA, Contact ID, 4+2 and Pager
- Elk-RP PC software includes “conflict resolution” to easily highlight differences between control and PC
– Dial-up, Ethernet or local from RS-232 port with optional M1EZ8MSI Main Serial Interface
– Automatic answering machine bypass
Automation & Integration
- Create lifestyle enhancing comfort, convenience and security
- Powerful “Whenever/And/Then” RULES Programming allows almost any imaginable operation.
– No need to chain rules together.
– Any single “Whenever” event can can have one or more ANDs and THENs (conditions and commands).
- Rules utilize easy to understand text based references
- Control lighting using 2-way Power Line Carrier (PLC) or RS-232 Serial Port*
– On, Off, Pre-set Dim, All On, All Off commands
- Sunset/Sunrise calculation and activation
- Transmit and receive custom serial ASCII messages*
- Read temperature sensors and communicate with thermostats*
- Turn on Tasks, Lights, Outputs via Keypad or PC Web Browser
Interface with a broad range of other systems*
- Heavy Duty – 2.5 Amp power supply w/ 1 Amp continuous
- Dynamic battery test, Zone Voltage Display and Voltmeter
- PTC (fuseless) resettable overload protection
*Requires optional M1EZ8MSI or M1XSP serial ports
- M1EZ8 Control Board
- 2 Attached Mounting Rails w/ Rivet/Plunger Fasteners
- 2 Mini Jumpers
- 2 820 Ohm Resistors
- 18 2200 Ohm Resistors
- 2 8/32 Shoulder Screws
- Relay Adapter 12 Conductor Cable Assembly
- Hookup Label
Locate an ELK Authorized Distributor Near You!
For more infomation, call ELK at (800) 797-9355.