M1 Control products are designed to safeguard against cyber threats and other security risks.
Superior encryption & multi-level authentication for alarm communicators and IoT smart control
- Communications for programming and IoT smart control utilize the same encryption methods used by many financial institutions.
- To further increase security, longer encryption keys are required making it virtually impossible for hackers to decrypt the information.
- Remote connectivity for programming through ElkRP2 requires a valid serial number and a Remote Programming Access Code set by the installer. It cannot be viewed or changed through any user interface. A connected session with ElkRP2 is necessary, requiring knowledge of the current code.
- Remote connectivity for IoT smart control requires valid user credentials, which includes user name, password, and user code.
Wireless sensors with increased immunity to hacking/jamming attacks
- Encrypted two-way communication ensures secure and reliable transmissions
- Automatically scans and hops multiple frequency channels preventing hackers from scanning or locking on to the operating frequency
- ELK’s Two-Way Wireless has the Underwriter Laboratory (UL) listing for detecting and reporting outside jamming attempts.
M1 features an advanced 32-bit microprocessor versus the 8-bit microprocessors of typical security controls
- ELK’s processors are more secure and less susceptible to hacking. The advanced processors also ensure faster task completion and more capabilities.